These rules are applicable to all WZNE – 94.1 the Zone contests unless specifically noted otherwise for a particular contest.
- No purchase necessary, no prize substitution. Prizes are non transferable and not negotiable. Prizes can not be exchanged for cash.
- Winners are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes, if any.
- Only one winner per household. Must be 18 years of age or older. All federal, state and local laws apply. Must be legal resident of New York State and live in the Greater Rochester Metropolitan area. Winning households may not win twice within a 30 day period. Some contest allow younger winners. Ask at the time of the contest if this is allowed. Minors are required to travel with a parent or legal guardian where necessary.
- Employee of WZNE – 94.1 The Zone, Stephens Media Group, and any other sponsors are not eligible to participate to win.
- By participating, winner grant permission for their voice and telephone call to be recorded and rebroadcasted for promotional use on WZNE, and further agree to sign a hold harmless agreement before receiving a prize. If you are not available at the time of our phone call, you forfeit the prize.
- This contest is not open to owners, officers, employees, consultants or advertising marketing agencies of/for any radio station or cable television franchise in the Rochester area or total survey areas defined by Arbitron Radio.
- WZNE limits the winning one or multiple prizes valued at $500+ to once every 3 months.
- To participate in a WZNE On-Air contest, you must be the “winning caller” that the on-air personality requests when cued to call in by the on-air personality. Each qualified winner will be required to provide his or her first and last name, complete address, city, zip code, telephone number, birthday and email when they win.
- All prizes must be claimed within 30 days of winning unless otherwise specified. In the event of travel prizes, winners must respond to email or phone messages within 3 business days or prizes will be forfeited.
- If you are entering a contest online, you are only allowed to enter once per day.
- In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior consent of the winner where the winner assumes the risk of its loss via post or other delivery method. WZNE is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- WZNE reserves the right to amend or change the above at anytime as well as end any contest anytime. All decisions of the station management with regard to the awarding of prizes, the selection of winners and interpretation of these rules shall be final. Each contestant by virtue of entering the contest agrees to accept the decision of the station as final.
- WZNE is not responsible for technical failure including, but not limited to: reception, telecommunications equipment, internet access, database storage or operator error.
- DISCLAIMERS: All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply; void where prohibited by law; winners are responsible for any and all taxes associated with the acceptance of their prize. Winners accept all liabilities for use of prize. The above named companies accept no liability or responsibility for damages, losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance or use of any prize. Sponsors of contests reserve the right to contact all participants about additional offers. You may opt out of such offers at anytime. Your personal information will not be shared or sold to any third party companies and will only be used by the station and sponsor.
- WZNE is not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call. There is no limit on the number of times a listener may call in and try to win.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that WZNE or its promotional sponsors may, solely at its discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply. WZNE reserves the right to terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion at any time, without notice, on any or all participating radio stations.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the main studio of WZNE. Please notify the Marketing Director in 48 hours in advance for access to that information.
Stephens Media Group
28 East Main St
First Federal Plaza, 8th Floor
Rochester, NY 14614